Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate Covered Mango Slices

The ingredients are Velata Caramel Milk Chocolate and mango slices.  I prefer Trader Joe's Just Mango Slices that have no preservatives added.

First, I turned my warmer on high and added a few chocolate discs.

If you prefer something a bit faster, you can microwave the entire bag.  It has a pour spout specifically for this reason.  I recommend massaging and mixing the chocolate around every 15 seconds so you're sure to not scorch the chocolate (it can burn similar to popcorn).

Once the chocolate is melted, turn the warmer down to low.  Again, scorched chocolate doesn't taste that great. 

Some of my mango slices were already in bite-size pieces, but I was able to easily tear those that weren't.  Then you just dip and go.  I put mine on some wax paper (I recycle cereal box liners for this - my frugal Mom taught me it's the same as wax paper) to dry, but they didn't last that long.  Sissy, my 6yo, kept asking me every few seconds if they were ready yet...
I love how easy it is to make a quick treat.  I try to keep my daily treats to around 100 calories.  It's so easy to do just a small amount with the Velata warmer.  A little bit truly goes a long way.  

For fondue fun...
 you Gotta Velata!



No comments:

Post a Comment